Charleston's WCHS Home Page and WVAH Fox11, West Virginia     
Charleston, WV
WCHS Eyewitness News Home Charleston Eyewitness Newsroom Charleston Storm Team Weather Sports News TV Shows TV Program Schedule Community

CONTACT WCHS-TV8
FCC Public File
WCHS-TV8 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WCHS-DT FREQUENTLY ASKED HDTV QUESTIONS
COMMUNITY EVENTS
CONTESTS
JOBS @ WCHS & FOX11
THE TV MARKET
ONLINE ADVERTISING
COMMUNITY SURVEY
ROAD TRIPPIN'
ROAD TRIPPIN'
CITY EDITION
NO TXT ZONE
LEGAL MATTERS
SCHOOL CLOSINGS
W E B C A M S
Webcams

Charleston WebCam
Huntington WV Webcams

Huntington St. Mary's WebCam
Marketplace

Soma 365
Real Estate
Bay Creek Resort
Autobytel
In The Loop

GET CONNECTED
Eyewitness News Mobile TEXT ME
iWitness Photos SEE IT, SHOOT IT, SEND IT
Facebook FACEBOOK
Twitter TWITTER

Washington Times



St. Jude  Dream Home

McKINLEY'S STORY


Reported by: Send eMail Elizabeth Noreika
Videographer: Larry Clark
May 7, 2008

EYEWITNESS NEWS ONLINE VIDEO
C L I C K   T O   P L A Y


Construction on the St. Jude Dream Home is almost done. Not only is the home beautiful, but it embodies what so many St. Jude families need, hope. For the family of McKinley Kirkendoll, the home is what St. Jude is all about finding cures and saving lives.

A month shy of her first birthday, McKinley Kirkendoll's family was hit with the devastating news, that McKinley had cancer. She has Bilateral Retna Blastoma, which is cancer in both eyes, nine tumors in her right eye and two in her left. Her cancer led her family to St. Jude research hospital where McKinley began chemotherapy treatments right away.

McKinley's family had to stand by and watch as she would go through the hardest struggle in her young life. Her mother says it was all in God's hands and all she could do was pray her little girl would make it.

Five years later little McKinley is cancer free. Her mother says she has a 58% chance of it coming back, but says the family looks at as a 42% of it not returning again. Her mother says it has been a long battle and it had not been easy, but they thank St. Jude for saving McKinley's life.


GRACE'S STORY
Eyewitness News Video
CLICK TO PLAY
St. Jude Saves Toddler's Life
EVANS'S STORY
Eyewitness News Video
CLICK TO PLAY
St. Jude Gives Sick Child's Family Hope


McKINLEY'S STORY
Eyewitness News Video
CLICK TO PLAY








Also Visit:
WVAH Fox 11




Home
News
Weather
Sports
Schedules
Community
Mobile
Contact WCHS-TV8
Privacy Policy
Terms and Conditions
DMCA Policy
Frequently Asked Questions
Copyright ©2014, WCHS-TV8. Portions are Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or distributed.

WCHS ABC 8 provides local news, weather forecasts, traffic updates, notices of events and items of interest in the community, sports and entertainment programming for Charleston and nearby towns and communities in the Tri-State area, including Huntington, Dunbar, Marmet, Montgomery, Nitro, South Charleston, St. Albans, Cedar Grove, Chesapeake, Clendenin, East Bank, Glasgow, Pratt, Cross Lanes, Elkview, Pinch, Sissonville, Big Chimney, Cabin Creek, Chelyan, Davis Creek, Institute, Jefferson, Loudendale, Mink Shoals, Pocatalico, Quick, Quincy, Rand, Buffalo, Eleanor, Hurricane, Nitro, Poca, Winfield, Culloden, Fraziers Bottom, Hometown, Red House, Scott Depot, Teays Valley, Danville, Madison, Hamlin, Logan, Chapmanville, Man, Delbarton, Kermit, Gilbert, Matewan, Williamson, Summersville, Richwood, Flatwoods, Gassaway, Sutton, Spencer, Ravenswood, Ripley, Mason, Point Pleasant, Ashland, Pikeville, Ironton, Portsmouth, Gallipolis, and Athens.