EYEWITNESS LOCAL NEWSSeventeen Arrested In Charleston Police Warrrants Sweep
from Eyewitness News Online
Reported by: Jeff Morris
Reported: Jun. 24, 2014 2:12 PM EDT
Updated: Jun. 24, 2014 5:13 PM EDT
Charleston , Kanawha County , West Virginia
Seventeen people were arrested Monday by Charleston police in a multi-division, citywide warrants sweep.
About 17 officers participated in the sweep that began at 4 p.m. and ended at 10 pm., according to a news release from the police department.
A person also was cited for possession of marijuana after being arrested on warrants charges. The charges in the sweep range from simple traffic offenses to fraud and domestic battery. High crime areas also were targeted by the housing division officers assigned to those areas with five arrests stemming from the sweep.
Police said the warrants sweep was conducted to maintain high police visibility in all areas of the city, to reduce the number of active warrants and to bring those responsible for crimes into the justice system for prosecution.
Out of the 17 wanted persons served, there were a total of 22 criminal and traffic charges in all. At the time of this news release, wanted people who were notified Monday continue to turn themselves in to the Warrants Division for processing.
The Charleston Police Department plans to conduct several more warrant sweeps throughout the next few months.
Following are the people arrested in the sweep and their charges:
* Timothy Young, 59, state capias, permitting DUI
* Allen Muzzle, 32, state capias, aggravated DUI
* Gregory Crouch, 25, state capias, DUI, no proof of insurance
* Jasmine Woodrum, 20, state warrant, misdemeanor embezzlement
* Marika Davidson, 25, municipal capias, shoplifting, no operators
* Zachary Cooper, 23, state capias, DUI
* Alan Green, 50, municipal capias, shoplifting, open container second offense
* Kim Lee, 48, family court capias, nonpayment of child support
* Maya Clark, 23, municipal capias, no operators, seat belt violation, no insurance
* Lisa Singleton, 49, state warrant, domestic battery
* Brian England, 25, state warrant, transferring/receiving stolen property
* Chester Heavener, 52, state warrant, driving on revoked operators, DUI
* Carl Walls, 23, municipal capias, open container
* Mark Armbrester, 24, municipal capias, marijuana second offense
* Felicia Belcher, 30, municipal capias, two counts of petit larceny
* Jevon Belcher, 36, state warrant, domestic battery
* Paula Sue Dean, 52, state and municipal capias, domestic battery, public intoxication
MORE NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for information or comments concerning WCHS-TV Eyewitness News.
Copyright ©2014, WCHS-TV8. Portions are Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or distributed.
WCHS ABC 8 provides local news, weather forecasts, traffic updates, notices of events and items of interest in the community, sports and entertainment programming for Charleston and nearby towns and communities in the Tri-State area, including Huntington, Dunbar, Marmet, Montgomery, Nitro, South Charleston, St. Albans, Cedar Grove, Chesapeake, Clendenin, East Bank, Glasgow, Pratt, Cross Lanes, Elkview, Pinch, Sissonville, Big Chimney, Cabin Creek, Chelyan, Davis Creek, Institute, Jefferson, Loudendale, Mink Shoals, Pocatalico, Quick, Quincy, Rand, Buffalo, Eleanor, Hurricane, Nitro, Poca, Winfield, Culloden, Fraziers Bottom, Hometown, Red House, Scott Depot, Teays Valley, Danville, Madison, Hamlin, Logan, Chapmanville, Man, Delbarton, Kermit, Gilbert, Matewan, Williamson, Summersville, Richwood, Flatwoods, Gassaway, Sutton, Spencer, Ravenswood, Ripley, Mason, Point Pleasant, Ashland, Pikeville, Ironton, Portsmouth, Gallipolis, and Athens.