Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be a U.S. resident who are 18 years of age or older, reside in the WCHS-TV and WVAH-TV viewing area, and be an existing user of Facebook.com.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Media III, Inc. and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WCHS-TV and WVAH-TV (collectively the "Stations"), Facebook.com, Facebook., Inc., their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term "immediate families" includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. Qualified entrants may enter once per URL address or household.
2. To enter, visit the WCHS-TV and WVAH-TV Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/eyewitnessnewscharleston and look for the “WCHS-TV/Fox11 TV Giveaway” content feature. Click the “Like” button and then click on the “WCHS-TV/Fox11 TV Giveaway” link which will lead you to the contest entry page at www.wchstv.com/contests. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone, e-mail address and birth date. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
3. The contest starts on November 6, 2013 and all entries must be received by the Stations by 4 pm EST on Wednesday November 27, 2013. Stations are not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, server unavailability, or cellular, wireless, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
4. On or about November 28, 2013, one (1) winner will be selected by random drawing from among all valid entries received.
5. All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries (including pictures) become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Stations and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. One (1) winner will receive one (1) 46-inch Sanyo LCD Television valued at four-hundred and seventy-nine dollars ($479.00). Winner is responsible for pick-up/delivery and installation.
2. The winner will be notified by phone. Before claiming the prize, the winner must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Stations at the time of notification. The winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within five (5) days of notification. The winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Stations reserve the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If the winner cannot be notified within five (5) days, does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility within five (5) days, or fails to collect the prize within ten (10) days, then the prize will be forfeited. If forfeited, another winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of the Stations. The Stations have the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Media III, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
8. Sinclair Media III, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
9. Sinclair Media III, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
10. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Media III, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WCHS-TV/Fox11, 1301 Piedmont Rd. Charleston, WV 25301 and on the Station's website at www.wchstv.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WCHS-TV/Fox11, 1301 Piedmont Rd. Charleston, WV 25301, by November 30, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Media III, Inc. and Facebook.com accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Stations cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Stations reserve the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
8. Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, “Facebook”) are not affiliated with the Stations nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.
Copyright ©2014, WCHS-TV8. Portions are Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or distributed.
WCHS ABC 8 provides local news, weather forecasts, traffic updates, notices of events and items of interest in the community, sports and entertainment programming for Charleston and nearby towns and communities in the Tri-State area, including Huntington, Dunbar, Marmet, Montgomery, Nitro, South Charleston, St. Albans, Cedar Grove, Chesapeake, Clendenin, East Bank, Glasgow, Pratt, Cross Lanes, Elkview, Pinch, Sissonville, Big Chimney, Cabin Creek, Chelyan, Davis Creek, Institute, Jefferson, Loudendale, Mink Shoals, Pocatalico, Quick, Quincy, Rand, Buffalo, Eleanor, Hurricane, Nitro, Poca, Winfield, Culloden, Fraziers Bottom, Hometown, Red House, Scott Depot, Teays Valley, Danville, Madison, Hamlin, Logan, Chapmanville, Man, Delbarton, Kermit, Gilbert, Matewan, Williamson, Summersville, Richwood, Flatwoods, Gassaway, Sutton, Spencer, Ravenswood, Ripley, Mason, Point Pleasant, Ashland, Pikeville, Ironton, Portsmouth, Gallipolis, and Athens.