Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be a U.S. resident who is 18 years of age or older and reside in the WCHS-TV and WVAH-TV viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Media III, Inc., Sinclair Television of Nashville, Inc. and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WCHS-TV and WVAH-TV (collectively the "Stations"), Facebook.com, Facebook., Inc., Buddy Media, Inc., Ciceron, Inc., their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term "immediate families" includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. Qualified entrants may enter once per URL address or household.
2. To enter, visit the WCHS-TV and WVAH-TV Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/eyewitnessnewscharleston and look for the “WCHS-TV/FOX11 Kindle Fire Giveaway” content feature. Click the “Like” button and then click on the “WCHS-TV/FOX11 Kindle Fire Giveaway” link which will lead you to the contest entry page on the Facebook “Eyewitness Insider” tab at http://www.facebook.com/eyewitnessnewscharleston?sk=app_209236405789670. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone, e-mail address and age certification. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
3. The contest starts on March 19, 2012 and all entries must be received by the Stations by 4 pm EDT on April 13 , 2012 . Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, server unavailability, or cellular, wireless, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
4. On or about April 13, 2012, two (2) winners will be selected by random drawing from among all valid entries.
5. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries (including pictures) become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Two (2) winners will be selected. Each winner will receive one (1) Kindle Fire with a prize value one- hundred and ninety-nine dollars and ninety-nine cents ($199.99).
2. The winners will be notified by phone. Before claiming the prize, the winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. The winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within five (5) days of notification. The winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within five (5) days, does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility within five (5) days, or fails to collect the prize within ten (10) days, the prize will be forfeited. If forfeited, another winner will randomly be selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of the Stations. The Stations have the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Media III, Inc., Sinclair Television of Nashville, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
8. Sinclair Media III, Inc., Sinclair Television of Nashville, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
9. Sinclair Media III, Inc., Sinclair Television of Nashville, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
10. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Media III, Inc., Sinclair Television of Nashville, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WCHS-TV/Fox11, 1301 Piedmont Rd. Charleston, WV 25301 and on the Station's website at www.wchstv.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WCHS-TV/Fox11, 1301 Piedmont Rd. Charleston, WV 25301, by May 13, 2012.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Media III, Inc., Sinclair Television of Nashville, Inc., accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
6. Stations cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
7. Stations reserve the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
8. Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, “Facebook”) are not affiliated with the Stations nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook..
Copyright ©2014, WCHS-TV8. Portions are Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or distributed.
WCHS ABC 8 provides local news, weather forecasts, traffic updates, notices of events and items of interest in the community, sports and entertainment programming for Charleston and nearby towns and communities in the Tri-State area, including Huntington, Dunbar, Marmet, Montgomery, Nitro, South Charleston, St. Albans, Cedar Grove, Chesapeake, Clendenin, East Bank, Glasgow, Pratt, Cross Lanes, Elkview, Pinch, Sissonville, Big Chimney, Cabin Creek, Chelyan, Davis Creek, Institute, Jefferson, Loudendale, Mink Shoals, Pocatalico, Quick, Quincy, Rand, Buffalo, Eleanor, Hurricane, Nitro, Poca, Winfield, Culloden, Fraziers Bottom, Hometown, Red House, Scott Depot, Teays Valley, Danville, Madison, Hamlin, Logan, Chapmanville, Man, Delbarton, Kermit, Gilbert, Matewan, Williamson, Summersville, Richwood, Flatwoods, Gassaway, Sutton, Spencer, Ravenswood, Ripley, Mason, Point Pleasant, Ashland, Pikeville, Ironton, Portsmouth, Gallipolis, and Athens.